Le Chevalier Beans 1 kg
This coffee blend is a spicy variant of our 'Le Roi'. It consists of two different coffee types, namely 70% Arabica and 30% Robusta. This blend contains a higher caffeine content and is pleasantly acidic—powerful and intense flavour, great for ristretto lovers.
The intense flavour gets its strength from the Robusta beans that are handpicked in Cameroon. These beans contain more caffeine and have undergone a wet preparation, which results in a more developed but pleasant acidity.
Moreover, the Arabica beans that are complementing the Robusta beans are of exceptionally high quality. The blend of organic Arabica from Ethiopia and a rare Arabica originated from Sumatra is what makes Le Chevalier so special. Only ten per cent of all coffee beans distributed from Indonesia are Arabica and well known for their exceptional quality and natural chocolate flavour. Le Chevalier is, in fact, an enhanced and spiced up version of Le Roi.
- Country of origin: Brazil, Ethiopia, Sumatra, Cameroon
- Coffee Farm: Various, all Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Variety: Different varieties, 70% Arabica, 30% Robusta
- Height of cultivation: 200 to 1900 meters
- Process: Wet preparation (Arabica) and dry preparation (Robusta)
- Roasting: Dark
- Body: Full-bodied
- Acidity: Medium
- Coffee moment: In the afternoon