Le Chevalier Beans
This coffee blend is a spicy variant of our 'Le Roi' blend. It consists of two different coffee types, namely Arabica (70%) and Robusta (30%). This blend contains a higher level of caffeine content and is pleasantly acidic resulting in a powerful and intense flavour, great for ristretto lovers.
The intense flavour gets its strength from the Robusta beans that are handpicked in Cameroon. These beans contain more caffeine and have undergone a wet preparation, which results in a more developed but pleasant acidity.
Moreover, the Arabica beans complementing the Robusta beans are of exceptionally high quality. The organic Arabica from Ethiopia and a rare Arabica originated from Sumatra are what makes Le Chevalier so special. Only ten per cent of all coffee beans distributed from Indonesia are Arabica and well known for their exceptional quality and natural chocolate flavour. Le Chevalier is, in fact, an enhanced and spiced up version of Le Roi.
- Country of origin: Brazil, Ethiopia, Sumatra, Cameroon
- Coffee Farm: Various, all Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Variety: Different varieties, 70% Arabica, 30% Robusta
- Height of cultivation: 200 to 1900 meters
- Process: Wet preparation (Arabica) and dry preparation (Robusta)
- Roasting: Dark
- Body: Full-bodied
- Acidity: Medium
- Coffee moment: In the afternoon