Le Comte Beans
This coffee blend is a variant of our ‘Le Roi’. It is a medium roast composed of two coffee types, namely Arabica (90%) and Robusta (10%). Very singular and full of flavour. The Robusta provides a slightly spicy finish. Perfect for your morning lungo.
The rare Robusta from Sierra Leone that we chose for our ‘Le Comte’ has a more elegant and sophisticated flavour, in contrast to the common Robusta that is typically known as a bit harsh and often bitter.
‘Le Comte’ knows a smooth and clean taste from the premium Arabica beans. Robusta beans produce a stronger, full-bodied coffee. When used in small quantities, their powerful flavour can be desirable to give more depth and strength to a blend, similar to a dash of black pepper on a fine tenderloin steak.
- Country of origin: Brazil, Costa Rica, Zambia, Java, Rwanda and Sierra
- Coffee Farm: Various, all Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Variety: Different varieties, 90% Arabica, 10% Robusta
- Height of cultivation: 700 meters and higher
- Process: Wet preparation
- Roasting: Medium/light
- Body: Full-bodied, lightly spiced
- Acidity: Low
- Coffee moment: In the morning