Le Comte Beans
This coffee blend is a variant of our ‘Le Roi’. It is a medium roast composed of two coffee types, namely Arabica (90%) and Robusta (10%). Very singular and full of flavour. The Robusta provides a slightly spicy finish. Perfect for your morning lungo.
Third place in the League table of The Coffee Judge UK from October 2016
The rare Robusta from Sierra Leone that we chose for our ‘Le Comte’ has a more elegant and sophisticated flavour, in contrast to the common Robusta that is typically known as a bit harsh and often bitter.
‘Le Comte’ knows a smooth and clean taste from the premium Arabica beans. Robusta beans produce a stronger, full-bodied coffee. When used in small quantities, their powerful flavour can be desirable to give more depth and strength to a blend, similar to a dash of black pepper on a fine tenderloin steak.
- Country of origin: Brazil, Costa Rica, Zambia, Java, Rwanda and Sierra
- Coffee Farm: Various, all Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Variety: Different varieties, 90% Arabica, 10% Robusta
- Height of cultivation: 700 meters and higher
- Process: Wet preparation
- Roasting: Medium/light
- Body: Full-bodied, lightly spiced
- Acidity: Low
- Coffee moment: In the morning